Friday 29 June 2012

Something out of the ordinary!

I'm always hunting for something that is fresh and different in the gift wrap world and it's only natural that I need inspiration too!  There are so many amazingly creative people out there and with the monthly market I have a stand at, I get a very visual reminder which sometimes leaves me feeling a little bit inadequate.   

So when I come across a gift wrapping item that gets my creative juices flowing, I love the excitement it creates and that feeling of itching to get started on a new project!  This is how it felt when I took a chance and placed an online order for Crepe Gift Wrap Paper.  My images of Crepe paper are of thin decorating paper in bright gaudy colours that tears easily and runs dreadfully if it gets water on it.

The surprise was refreshing when my rather massive roll of Crepe Gift Wrap arrived and it completely exceeded expectations.  The texture of the paper is wonderful and whilst the thickness of the paper is more conducive to wrapping box shapes, it will also be fantastic for nice sturdy homemade gift bags.

I intend experimenting with stamps on this paper as I think that the effect will turn out really well, I'd also like to try giving the paper different edges with pinking shears and other designs.  Once I get going I'll get a whole lot of other ideas but now all I need to do is to find the time to sit down and get imaginative.

Coco Chanel said that "Simplicity is the keynote to all true elegance" . This beautiful white crepe paper tied with a simple shoelace bow illustrates that perfectly.


Wrap for You will have 1,5m rolls of this beautiful White Crepe Paper on sale at this months I Heart Market on Saturday, 7th July, for R20,00 per roll. The rolls are 50cm in width.

I am a great lover of white gift wrap as white goes with anything! I'm not limited in my choice of ribbon or gift cards and wrapping techniques show up really nicely when using the plan paper.  However, in South Africa, it's practically unheard of to wrap with white paper and stockists are few and far between.  I like to do things that are out of the ordinary and my practical streak just shouts out to me so loudly that I can't resist the timeless elegance of white paper.


The next time you're looking for a new creative gift wrap project, why don't you explore a different avenue and give white gift wrap a bash.  Couple it with clear cellophane and sprinkle lovely seeds, confetti, colourful Buttons or Smarties inbetween the sheets for something completely different and let only your imagination be your limitation!

Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.