Thursday 27 June 2013

Entrepreneurs 4 Africa ~ reach your potential!

I feel very privileged to have been selected as one of the 300 delegates selected by the Robin Hood Foundation to attend their 3 Day  Entrepreneurs 4 Africa Conference.  It was the very first conference of it's kind in Durban.  A conference targeted at providing people either aspiring to be Entrepreneurs, or already Entrepreneurs, motivation, tools, guidance and the opportunity to meet and listen to very successful men and women who've all been there and done it!


I had to write a motivation explaining my dreams for my business and how I foresee my business helping the KZN economy.  I've now had 3 very comprehensive days with so much advice, opportunities to network and chances to meet business mentors... and now... it's up to me to take Wrap for You to the next level.  I will be making the most of the opportunity to meet with business mentors for the next four months once a month. I am passionate about my vision for Wrap for You, I have wonderful plans to branch out into other areas and I so look forward to sharing my journey with you.

If you've been harbouring a business idea and you're not feeling brave enough to take that first leap into starting out on your own, then maybe do what I did...if you can.  I left the warm security of working for a large corporate global company to join a very small little company with the understanding that I wanted to work on my own business idea and slowly grow my business.  2,5 years later and Wrap for You is growing from strength to strength.  It's been one of the greatest challenges of my life and I frequently have to push myself out of my comfort zone but you know what?  I'm having the time of my life!

The Robin Hood Foundation does the most wonderful work for Babies and Gogo's, so if you'd like to know more about them and how you can get involved, take a look at their website on www.robinhoodfoundation.co.za and see if you can volunteer some of your time to some very special causes.

Before I sign off, July is going to be very busy for Wrap for You and it looks like I will be scheduling two Intro courses, the 20th and the 27th July.  I will be running another Alternative Gift Wrapping Techniques course in either August or September so please keep your eye on this blog so that you know the dates.

Have fun with your wrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.